Sunday, December 5, 2010

stuff and things

I am happy to say that I've been too busy making religious stuff to write about religious stuff. I've gotten three sets of Advent vestments out my door as well as a small rosary and I'm still working on the lectern/pulpit/altar dressings for my own church.

On the other hand, I went to the Messiah sing along concert today. We only did the "Christmas" portions of the piece, but it is still one of those experiences...Hundreds of voices, praising God at the top of their lungs, proclaiming the coming of Christ and shouting Hallelujah. It's one of my favorite things to do in the season.

And being incredibly geeky: I picked up an illuminated Pater Noster calligraphed and gilded on vellum yesterday at a charity auction. It is designed after a 14th c. book of hours, and is now hanging in the center of my wall rosary (the steel nut/copper pipe fitting/nails on braided cable industrial one), because the juxtaposition was just too good to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment